Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tranny leaked, now stopped

920 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Maynards 
#1 ·
First tow over the weekend, 4.5k lb travel trailer with about 600lbs in the bed. Going over some VERY big grades in Washington ST. Wasn't real impressed with the performance but wouldn't let it get too much over 2500 RPMs (wasnt' sure how hard to push it).

Once I get home there was signs of a pretty big leak possibly around the pan seal. I wiped everything down and now with normal driving it doesn't appear to be leaking anymore. Should I be concerned, what do you think happened?

#2 ·
make sure it didnt come from the vent on top if so generally that means the trans got hot and boiled over. check your fluid level and condition

#3 ·
Well I just checked it again today and is leaking slightly again. Looked all over and it only looks like its leaking at the pan seal, or possibly the fitting coming off the side/right/rear. During towing it was enough to drop fluid all over the drivlines and cross braces. Just had the tranny serviced 500 miles ago and the fluid is good.

Thinking its got to be the pan seal, have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow. Glad I bought the ExtraCare a month ago.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.