Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Prob with Trannie or something else?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Rincon07 
#1 ·
I have an '04 6.0 with 127,000, about a week ago i noticed it was taking longer than normal to accelerate when i put the pedal to the floor. Saturday it was having a real hard time, and acted like it was being starved for fuel so I replaced the fuel filters, I got my low end power back but still have nothing on the top end

If i depress the pedal to about 1/4 to 1/2 way down, the truck accelerates just fine and gains speed. If I punch it to the floor, the truck will shift, rev up to 3k and gain speed very very slowly (i'd say about 2-3 mph per second where as it used to put you back in the seat when you'd punch it), but if i start easing off the pedal the truck will shift again and take off.

do you guys think I lost a gear or I've got a band that is just severely stretched or there is something else wrong with the truck

(also all gauges read fine and I've got no lights on the dash)

#2 ·
Haven't had my truck for real long but I have noticed similar symptoms at times. Sometimes has no power from a stop if I push hard on accelerator. I have changed fuel filters also. Subscribing and good luck.

#5 ·
Mine has been ok lately but you might check out the turbo. Maybe a bad VGT solenoid or it could just be dirty and stuck not allowing the vanes to adjust. Try a search and you should find some useful info on cleaning the turbo.

#6 ·
had the same problem with mine and the dealer said the down pipe was cracked and leaking, they replaced it with a new one and it runs great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.