Removing air filter in F250 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Removing air filter in F250

I'm at the end of my rope. Trying to save a few pennies by changing my oil and air filter myself, but I can't seem to remove the air filter. I have the MAF disconnected and the coolant reservoir loosened up, and the intake hose loosened, but I can't get the filter to break loose from the two grommets on the bottom side.

I've heard they can be difficult to remove. If anyone can offer assistance on how to get it out of there, I would greatly appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickapoo
I'm at the end of my rope. Trying to save a few pennies by changing my oil and air filter myself, but I can't seem to remove the air filter. I have the MAF disconnected and the coolant reservoir loosened up, and the intake hose loosened, but I can't get the filter to break loose from the two grommets on the bottom side.

I've heard they can be difficult to remove. If anyone can offer assistance on how to get it out of there, I would greatly appreciate it.
when i change them at work, i take off the coolant hose that goes over the intake tube...it will dribble a little coolant but not enough to worry about. disconnect the maf....carefully take the restriction gauge off the back of the housing, loosin the hose clamp where the hard plastic meets the rubber, and take the filter out with the front and back peices attatched. this gives you the hard plastic tube to grab onto and pull with.....they require quite a bit of force sometimes......then put it all together with the new filter and slide it back in in reverse order...........Marc
Old 03-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

K&n

buy a fpik from K&N for $224.00 do away with all the trash and get better performance too.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

K&n

I would not buy a K&N unless you want to trash your turbo. If you get the K&N go with a better filter. I just bought and installed the AFE Magnum Force Stage II intake and it is very nice.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:18 AM

what year truck do you have? i don't have to do anything to change my air filter?

wes
Old 03-24-2006, 08:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to purduefarmboy460
I was also wondering the same, even when I had my stock intake, the filter was easily accessable???
Old 03-24-2006, 10:34 AM

stock intake

on the 05 and 06's you have to remove the entire intake to get the filter out easily. the filter is sandwiched between the front of the intake and rear and is clipped on the bottom and latched on the top. It is a major pain in the a$$. That is why I bought the AFE as you simply remove the lid and loosen the filters hose clamp to remove and clean the filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.