03 on motor #3 HELP! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 on motor #3 HELP!

So heres my story. I have a 03 F250 with the 6.0l at like 89k The bottom end went out. I spun the crank out of it and it was 9 days inside the factory 5 year warranty so it was replaced by the dealer. At the time I was told that I had another 3 year 100k warranty on the short block. Now last monday I went out and warmed my truck up like always and drove down my block only to have the motor lock up and puke a waterfall of oil. Upon further inspection it turns out that the #3 rod bolts backed out and flung the cap through the side of the block ! Now i am being told that I only had a 12 month 12k mile warranty and it has been 6 months and 15k miles so they aren't going to cover it. I am looking at having to eat a $8000 bill to put a used 6.0l in a truck that I am already $10k upside down in. I have a good relationship with the dealer and they are going to bat for me but ford is screwing me left and right. Is there anything I can do? Also I am in Portland Oregon if anyone knows a good 6.0l guy up here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well ford gave me the final F- you. I am done with ford motor company. I have always bought ford along with my entire family and this does it. Ford will never get my business again.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to nccatfan
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a manufacturers defect... and they still denied you? Never had warranty on any of my vehicles, so no messing with warranty claims... kinda like it better that way.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Look up Orval Long, he is in Oregon City (Redland actually on Redland Rd.). He is a ex Ford dealer Certified Powerstroke Tech. He is one of the most knowledgable Powerstroke guy's I know. He runs a real nice shop out of his house and does top notch work. Tell him his old neighbor Pete sent you, for what is worth. What dealer gave you the F@#$%%^ that way the locals here can aviod them too.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle View Post
Well ford gave me the final F- you. I am done with ford motor company. I have always bought ford along with my entire family and this does it. Ford will never get my business again.
Sadly, this sounds like a scenario played out too many times, more than I care to admit. For this reason, as of July 1st, 2009 Ford Super Duty truck buyers will be S.O.L. if they are in the market for a diesel. I guess $1 million a day in warranty claims was deemed too costly. For now, the V10 gasser will have to suffice for folks needing a truck that heavy in both the E-Series or F-Series until mid-2010 when Ford finally releases their very first in-house built 6.7L "Scorpion" diesel. 6.0L and 6.4L are DONE.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle Fever View Post
What dealer gave you the F@#$%%^ that way the locals here can aviod them too.
Let's not be ****ting on the dealer. After all, it's not the dealer's fault that FORD denied warranty for this guy. This sounds exactly like the same scenario that played out at my dealer. I had one good customer who used to bring his '03 6.0L in regularly, and at 120,000 kms. two injectors went South hydrolocking the engine and taking out the bottom end. I replaced the engine. Fast forward two years and 80,000 kms. later, his water pump impeller decided to sheer off the shaft, overheating the engine and taking cylinders #2 and #7 with it. I was TOLD to disassemble it until I got to the failed part by FORD (not my dealer), and AFTER the vehicle was disassembled, was when FORD gave the "NO GO" for warranty.

At this point, there is a truck sitting in my bay with the cab lifted and sitting there indefinitely. I finally had to lower the cab onto the frame (with only four bolts) securing it, and pushing it out os the shop until the owner could cough up the money for a used engine. That cost me a WEEK'S pay (due to my bay being tied up)!!! Was that my fault? Was that my dealer's fault?
Old 06-06-2009, 04:33 PM

So basically Ford will fix a 6.0L ONCE, for problems, EGR cooler failure, injectors, turbo, engine, etc. then if it fails the day after the repair, the customer is on his on? Thats good to know that Ford appreciates their customers that good.......guess I'll be going to the local Bankrupt/now owned by the Gov./manufact's dealership and do some trading before I have problems........

I have a 04 6.0 that is fixing to go out of the 5/100,000 warranty. I was thinking of keeping the truck and buying the $1500.00 3/36,000 mile extended warranty, but if they aren't gonna stand behind their product and honor the warranty (did I just say Honer?) whats the point. the 6.0's well know design flaws are NOT the customers fault. Ford needs to realize this and take care of their customers or they will soon be going the way of GM and Chrysler without the Gov help
Old 06-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Suburban Ford in Sandy Oregon is where the truck is and they have been excellent in their efforts but it is Ford who is F***ing us both. If they also had a dadge dealership I would continue my business with them.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post
Sadly, this sounds like a scenario played out too many times, more than I care to admit. For this reason, as of July 1st, 2009 Ford Super Duty truck buyers will be S.O.L. if they are in the market for a diesel. I guess $1 million a day in warranty claims was deemed too costly. For now, the V10 gasser will have to suffice for folks needing a truck that heavy in both the E-Series or F-Series until mid-2010 when Ford finally releases their very first in-house built 6.7L "Scorpion" diesel. 6.0L and 6.4L are DONE.
Do you mean they are not honoring warranty or they are not building any new diesels?
Old 06-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwil View Post
Do you mean they are not honoring warranty or they are not building any new diesels?
As of July 1st, 2009 (less than one month as of this post), you will no longer be able to buy a new F-Series with a 6.4L or an E-Series with a 6.0L. Until Ford releases their new in-house built 6.7L V8 TWIN-TURBO diesel some time in mid-2010, shoppers needing a vehicle that big will have to settle for the V10 gas engine, as stated above.

Regarding their warranties, us Canadians will now also require PRIOR APPROVAL for any major repair on a 6.0L (eg. turbo, EGR cooler, head(s)/gasket(s), oil cooler, high pressure oil and so on), just like our American techs do, as of June 8th, 2009.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.