05, F-350, spuddering at low rpms, sluggish at low rpms fine when engine is powered?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
05, F-350, spuddering at low rpms, sluggish at low rpms fine when engine is powered??

I have a 2005 F-350, it has 89000 miles on it and about a year ago did this same thing but after a fuel filter change it came out of it. It once again started doing the same thing so I changed the filters again but this time it didnt come out of it.

At low rpms or at idle it spudders and idles low, the rpms go up and down. When driving if you are just going along slow the truck is hesitant and then rushes up in rpms. If you are driving down the road and asking the truck for power it is fine and runs great.

Today it stalled pulling into the driveway and started afterwards but would not start at all tonight. The engine would just turn over. A couple of times it fired but would not run.

Any help or ideas. I was thinking fuel pump but the more I read various posts it sounds like it could be a injector problem.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Dieseltorkin
I know the 05's have an upgraded version, but this sounds like what my 03 was doing a few years back. Ended up my HPOP took a dump!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Oil Change....that'll take care of that! DO an oil change with cheap oil, run it hard for a thousand miles, change it again with cheap oil, run another thousand, then put in the good oil. That should pretty much clean out your oil system and youll be good...mine did the same thing, this was Ford's fix, and it worked. LOL Good Luck!
Old 05-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

SO PISSED

So, I took the truck to the local ford dealership and it was there for three days. They call and stated they found no problems and the scanner hadnt read anything. I explained to them which i hope they would know that there was no check engine light that had come on so obviously the scanner not going to read anything. I paid a hundred bucks for nothing and drove it home twenty miles. It drove home fine. Soon as I got home did the same thing.

Power surges when pushing the gas. A two points i would go to move and the truck would just move with the engine idle, meantime I had my foot to the floor board pushing on the gas and nothing would happen. The truck continued to spit and spudder. Once yesterday and once today the truck wont start. It will crank over and suddenly go into a fast higher rpm crank but will not fire or start.

Its going back and damnit they will fix it. I spoke to some other diesel buddies who seem to think the check valve for the fuel pump may be causing the issue. The pump is pumping cause i took the cap off the filter yesterday and we turned it on and the bowl filled up.

So anyone heard of this check valve thing???

Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.