Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Question/Need Help- Camshaft sensor/Injector Harness

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  GoBears 
#1 ·
My '04 6.0 has been stalling at random times, and the engine light just came on. I would be driving down the freeway at 70mph, and the engine would just drop to idle without warning then regain power. Took into local Ford Service (Long Beach, CA), and they pulled the codes

P2617 and P2614

They say I need a new camshaft sensor, and that the injector harness is rubbing on the intake, so I need a new wiring harness for that. Also apparently there is a leak at the turbo Y-pipe and that needs to be R&R as well.

The shocking part to me is that despite my car is still under the 5 year/72,000 warranty I have, none of these parts or labor is covered. I would have thought that this would be covered under the 6/75K Powertrain part of the warranty, but it is Ford.

Does anyone know a good diesel repair shop in the Southern California area that I could go get a 2nd quote at. The Ford dealer wants $1500 for the parts and another $2350 for labor, with no warranty coverage.

Thanks

Steve

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.