Second CEL Today - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Second CEL Today Update!

Well I got my second cel today. Took it to a dealer close to home and got the run around, will never go back. I took it down to Murfreesboro wher I bought it and the tech will look at it in the morning. I just hope whatever it is is coverd by the PT waranty. The truck seems to run flawlessly so i have no clue, except I just put Stanodyne in for the first time last fill up and I wander if it "cleaned" out enough stuff to clog the egr by chance. The cat is punched out so I effectively have a straight pipe. the only other problem I have ever had was a bad fuel sending unit.

Last edited by GoFastPadre; 04-30-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
thanks for sharing..let us know how it goes
Old 04-29-2009, 06:25 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

stanadyne has nothing to with clogging egr valve , and an insufficient egr flow even if it was that generally just leaves a p0404 in memory and doesnt turn the light on, being that it is an 06 model by your signature , those models had a new program out for the light coming on with a p0460 code for fuel level problem, it was a gliche in software , if thats not the problem then im gonna guess , icp sensor , p2285 code or turbo sticking p0299 those will turn the light on but light will generally stay on, the fact that it came on and went back off makes me think it may just need the update
Old 04-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

Sorry I was unclear. The cel did stay on, I was referring to the time the fuel sending unit failed and it came on as the 1st and this as the 2nd. My bad.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:33 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

gotcha , that makes a little difference , just let them diag it then , hopefully they will know whats up ,
Old 04-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

The Service writer called this afternoon abd said the truck was fixed. It turned out to be some kind of problem with the egr system. The tech said Ford recomended they do a cold start, so i will get it back tomorrow. I will get more info on what exactly was wrong then. The cool part of it all is it was covered by the PT waranty. I am planning on solving all egr problems by deleting cooler and all, just need time a cash.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

Got the truck back today. Paper work showed the egr valve and actuator were replaced. I told the service guy I could fix that problem forever, throw the thing in the trash and replumb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.