No starting help meee - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No starting help meee

Ok im new to diesel trucks so bare with me i just bought a 2004 f-350 6.0 and i bought it last friday. and already i have a problem it started saturday morning. And has progressivly gotten worse.

anyways it doesnt start at all it tries but it acts like it has no fuel at all but i hear the fuel pump priming any ideas I know motors very well i build drift cars for people. so Im not dumb in that area. replaced both batteries i can post video if need be to help with problem ?

Last edited by rhds13; 04-21-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Premium Member

sounds like HPOP. The fuel injectors in these trucks are fired off of high pressure oil from the High Pressure Oil Pump. There is a fitting inside the pump that can break, there is an updated part to cure the problem. Do you have any warranty left?
Old 04-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06F250FX4 View Post
There is a fitting inside the pump that can break, there is an updated part to cure the problem. Do you have any warranty left?
The update you speak of, only applies to 2005 to 2007 model years that use a different style high pressure oil pump than 2003 to 2004 model years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhds13
anyways it doesnt start at all it tries but it acts like it has no fuel at all but i hear the fuel pump priming any ideas I know motors very well i build drift cars for people. so Im not dumb in that area. replaced both batteries i can post video if need be to help with problem ?
By what you describe, it sounds like you've almost eliminated fuel pressure and engine cranking RPM as potential causes. To diagnose this properly, you're going to need a scan tool that can retrieve DTCs and monitor live data to see what's missing that prevents your vehicle from starting. There are many possible causes, too numerous to list here.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Same thing happened to my 06 and the dealership told me it was the high pressure oil line. It's in the shop right now getting worked on. I'm a little ticked because they had it for two days, told me it was fixed and when I went to pick it up, it wouldn't start again. The tech got it running after cranking it for about 30 seconds and then it stalled. Needless to say, they're still working on it.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ha ha wow i wouldnt have bought this thing if i know it was going to have so many problems i mean i love ford ive had alot of trucks and mustangs but this is my first diesel funny thing is that it started fine this morning then about noon the same problem its still at my work so idk what to do. Im confused if it wouldnt work at all till all of a sudden it works then back to not working couple hours later idk.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm very lucky mine is still under warranty. It's been in the shop for four days now. I'm hoping they'll have it done by tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.