head gaskets under warranty??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2006, 06:43 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
head gaskets under warranty???

I had an 04 that blew the head gaskets. They weren't covered because of a chip that "had been" in my truck. I am fighting with ford over this and would like to hear from you! I need to get my hands on as many invoices from the dealer as possible. If you had a head gasket failure covered or not I want your invoice. It would be greatly appreciated!!!!

The biggest thing that makes my stomach turn is that ford "voided" my warranty before the head gaskets blew. They have no right to do this and I am trying to make this right. I never pounded my truck and didn't have the chip turned up at all. It was always in a "tow safe" level and was used just for fuel mileage. Which was a joke. I could only achieve 11mpg with my 550. It had 4:88 gears (the only ones available) and I was sick of the horrible mileage. I didn't need the power since I had those gears it was fast enough. I needed mileage. By the way the chip was removed shortly after installed since it didnt do anything for my mileage!

Any help from you guys is greatly appreciated!!!

Anyone intersted in sending me their invoices please pm me for my address or fax number. Thanks alot, Tony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2006, 08:26 PM

nobody wants to help??? 10 people have looked but not even a responce????
Old 02-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

How did they know you had a chip???
Old 02-06-2006, 05:04 PM

I was stupid and left it in my truck when I brought it in for something other than a warranty service. They should have never opened the hood but they did and took pics of it installed on the truck.

I know I know it was stupid but the edge juice w/attitude is such a pain in the rear end to remove I didn't have time and didn't think it would matter since they weren't going to be working under the hood. I hid the attitude monitor under the dash and set it to stock and didnt worry about it. When I picked up my truck they told me that they had taken pics of it and sent them to the regional rep. I was contacted shortly after that and told that my warranty was void!
Old 02-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminsmannow
I was stupid and left it in my truck when I brought it in for something other than a warranty service. They should have never opened the hood but they did and took pics of it installed on the truck.

I know I know it was stupid but the edge juice w/attitude is such a pain in the rear end to remove I didn't have time and didn't think it would matter since they weren't going to be working under the hood. I hid the attitude monitor under the dash and set it to stock and didnt worry about it. When I picked up my truck they told me that they had taken pics of it and sent them to the regional rep. I was contacted shortly after that and told that my warranty was void!
thats not legal...they have to show evidence the failure was caused by the mod.......you should fight this to the end.....get this in court with them and make them prove thier case.....
Old 02-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Geez.....I mean how in the world do they keep getting away with this? If there's laws that protect us why aren't they getting penalized?!!
Old 02-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Smokin73Stroker
Geez.....I mean how in the world do they keep getting away with this? If there's laws that protect us why aren't they getting penalized?!!
cause too many guys roll over and dont fight it
Old 02-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Yeah I figured that was the case. That's just wrong. They should be tied and caned!!
Old 02-07-2006, 02:13 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Yeah like Marc said, fight it, you'll win. The law clearly states they have to prove it directly caused the failure. Just out of curiosity what are you needing invoices for - Especially on rigs that haven't had head gasket problems?
Oh and send a PM to Ramsmoker if you haven't already. He's our resident "stuck it to Ford and all their BS and won" guy on the forum.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:54 AM

I have talked to smoker already... He suggested I go through the bbb, but I can't. The first thing they ask for is current regristration... I already sold the truck so I can't provide that.

I am looking for specific head gasket failures. I am trying to prove that failures can happen on mon-modified trucks and be covered under warranty. Pretty hard to prove my mod caused it if there are trucks out there with no mods blowing head gaskets.. I already have one invoice that I aquired from the same dealership that worked on mine. The truck in the bay next to mine was also getting head gaskets at the same time.. COVERED UNDER WARRANTY I wrote down the name on the side of the truck and called him up. He was glad to fax me his invoice when it came in. His is worth alot to me because of the notes under what they fixed. The tech had made note that he contacted the customer to inform him that a "newer design" head gasket was coming out and that he would have to wait for them. Since mine was a "cash sale" I didn't get the newer design I just got what was laying on the shelf.
I think that being able to show that ford was comming out with a newer design gasket shows they knew there is a problem and helps me prove they were just trying to get out from paying for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.