No Start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No Start

HI there I am new to the Forum and would like to say that you guys have done a great job and I have learned alot from what I have read.

I wanted to post a problem I am having. I drove my truck yesterday which is a 2007 F350 diesel with 150,000km which is about 93,000 miles and everything was fine I had just under half a tank of fuel and I filled it up and drove around for another 3 hours no problem got home and parked the truck. Got up this morning went to start the truck and it wouldn't start. It turns over even runs sometimes but only for maybe 1 to 2 seconds and shuts down. Tried for about a good hour and nothing. Towed it to a shop they drained the water seperator tank, I think thats what its called, checked the relay, changed fuel filter in the engine bay and another underneath by the frame rail drivers side, Fuel pump is pumping, and checked power at the harness that plugs into the FICM and everything looked ok. They told me the next step was to replace the FICM (fuel injector control module). Has any one had this problem or know what it may be? I thought it was maybe bad fuel or water in the fuel because I just filled it up. They already got the new FICM just need to get it flashed to the ECM thats what the scanner said so need to do this on monday.

Last edited by budabing; 04-17-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

yea the FICM could be your problem they do go out. I had one act up on me before and i just had it reflashed and it fixed my problem. I hope that it cures your problem I have one at my shop right now that i have to pull the engine out because the tone ring on the crankshaft has supposibly spun and it isnt getting a proper reading so the PCM and the FICM wont sync. Hopefully the FICM is your issue.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:58 PM

iam having the same problems i will be replacing the ficm, i will let yall know
Old 04-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Premium Member

Its hard to tell without a scan tool. It could very well be. Weve been replacing alot of ficms!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Could also be your hpop. I have seen that a bunch of times too.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:37 PM

hey guys just stop by to let yall know that it was my FICM that was bad, runs like a champ now!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.