my trucks falling apart in last two day - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 08:33 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy my trucks falling apart in last two day

first my abs light came and than my airbag light and now my ses light so i took it to the dealer to get it read.front left wheel speed sensor,air bag switch on the dash,low voltage,low voltage circuit coolinging fan,egr,and #7 glow plug.my ? is how hard is it to change the glow plug never changed one on a powerstoke thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Without a lot of information, you are asking a very difficult question that I don't think anyone (myself included) is going to be able to give you a definite answer to.

First off, what is the model year and mileage of the vehicle in question? I'm assuming it has a 6.0L in it, since you posted your question in THIS forum.

Secondly, does this vehicle have any modifications?

Third, what were the specific DTC numbers retrieved?

Fourth, and this may sound like a stupid question, but what is the condition of your batteries? Believe it or not, low battery voltage will cause all kinds of funny symptoms. I prefer the "KISS" philosophy (Keep It Simple Stupid).

For what it's worth, any 6.0L that has landed in my hands with a DTC set for a specific glow plug has always ended up being the GPCM (Glow Plug Control Module) needing replacement (Ford part number DY-876).
Old 04-10-2009, 11:41 AM

07 f350 with 120000 mile,stock dont know the dtc just told me #7 glow plug i will have my batteries checked.how about the front wheel speed sensor is that fairly simple
Old 04-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Okay, that helps a little. Has this truck had any recent repairs? The left/front wheel speed sensor DTC should be a fairly simple issue to figure out. Check the resistance of the right/front speed sensor and compare the reading to the left/front. If both give similar readings, you need to check for shorts or opens on both the circuits leading to the left/front wheel speed sensor between the ABS module main connector (in the engine compartment near the brake master cylinder). Just look for the matching two colours on the ABS module connector to isolate the circuit. If all checks out good, you need to replace the left/front hub and bearing assembly (the tone ring is all one-piece with the hub and bearing).

As already stated in the previous post, the most likely cause of cylinder #7 glow plug DTC being set, would be the GPCM. That is a fairly simple repair that you can easily tackle yourself.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:17 PM

thanks!!!!!!!1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.