6.0 egr valve - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Dr. of Linemantology

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 egr valve

this may sound like a stupid question. is this valve open or closed? i pulled it out of my 04 350 6.0 yesterday and cleaned it up. i hope this is closed because that is how i put it bacdk in and did not plug it in. i;m showing no lights or problems and no difference in performance.
Attached Thumbnails
6.0 egr valve-truck-egr-valve-006-3.jpg   6.0 egr valve-truck-egr-valve-007-4.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

looks seated to me, lets see the clean shot
Old 04-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Dr. of Linemantology

got dark; i got mad

thanks for the info. i thought it was closed. i wanted to take a shot of it clean but it got dark and cleaning that with a toothbrush took me 1 1/2 hours. the build-up is not necessarily hard but hard to totally clean. i used to pay Ford to do all my work on the rig but now that the warranty is up at 62k miles and 5.5 yrs. i get a certain gratification doing it myself. i research all i can, and still did't know for sure if it was open or closed. thanks a million.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:47 PM

if you pull it out again you can pull the the valves down and see the dif, you will always walk away feeling good when you tear into stuff yourself...good on ya
Old 04-10-2009, 01:38 AM

also remember if you pulled the valve out with the truck not running the valve is always closed when truck is not running
Old 04-10-2009, 03:12 PM

i mean so you could just unplug it and forget about egr the valve will stay closed and you dont have to worry about cleaning it every 2 weeks
Old 04-10-2009, 06:16 PM

What exactly does leaving the egr valve closed do?

Russell
Old 04-10-2009, 07:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
leaving it unplugged or having a tune turn it off doesnt prevent it from still opening up under pressure.

you need to either weld it shut or make a block off plate
Old 04-11-2009, 05:26 PM

your right unplugging it doesnt fix the problem it just prolongs it till you can either weld it shut or spend money on a egr delete kit but with the valve closed it doesnt allow hot exhaust gas to renter the engine via intake manifold. but diffently if you dont want to spend money just weld it shut and why you are doing that i would also weld plugs in the end of egr cooler
Old 04-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Dr. of Linemantology

re-pulled egr

i could not rest not having a clean shot of the egr, so there it is. i don't understand how the exhaust can still enter the manifold under pressure. doesn't the re-circulated gases flow from the bottom of the valve, up through open valve position, and then in to the manifold; flowing against the direction that the egr opens or do i have it wrong and the exhaust flow from the top to the bottom, with the diection of the valve opening therefore opening under pressure. i'm not 100% sure on which is right. this is all just temperary till the dealer looks at my injectors. i think i have 1 or 2 injectors on there last leg. i don't want them to become suspicous of me doing any work on it. i only have 62k on it but only 2 months left on warranty (5 yr.) i also pulled my cat convert off and gutted it. it was much easier than i expected. i was rushed so i didnt take pic's. i just got a long 11/16 wood boring bit on my drill and started punching it out. the pumice like material fell out like sand and it was plugged. it runs a lot better and it has a little smoke. working my way towards big smoke. i'll pull it off again and get step by step pics incase anyone can benefit from them.
Attached Thumbnails
6.0 egr valve-truck-egr-clean-028-1.jpg   6.0 egr valve-truck-egr-clean-030.jpg   6.0 egr valve-truck-egr-clean-033-3.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.