bad gas milage need help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bad gas milage need help

hey well i am getting bad gas millage i fill up 110 liters and i only get 400km on that every one elce that i talk to says the get about 800km to a tank the truck is complitely stock its an 06 f350 fx4 6.0L i bought it used could someone messed with the codes or something i dont no what it could be i just had the egr replace and the injectors are good please any help would be welcomed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2009, 09:47 PM
scuffs *****

Send a message via AIM to Tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuglicar View Post
hey well i am getting bad gas millage i fill up 110 liters and i only get 400km on that every one elce that i talk to says the get about 800km to a tank the truck is complitely stock its an 06 f350 fx4 6.0L i bought it used could someone messed with the codes or something i dont no what it could be i just had the egr replace and the injectors are good please any help would be welcomed
Change your oil, or at least check it and see if its way over full and if its REAL slimy. You may have some MAJOR blow by and letting fuel into the oil. Other than that you've gotta have a leak or someone is stealing your fuel.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok i will chack it and get back to you sone one thats thanks so much for helping but i heard if you get ride of the egr valve you get better millage is this true and if so how can you get ride of it
Old 04-02-2009, 10:00 PM
scuffs *****

Send a message via AIM to Tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuglicar View Post
ok i will chack it and get back to you sone one thats thanks so much for helping but i heard if you get ride of the egr valve you get better millage is this true and if so how can you get ride of it
Probably like 1 or 2 MPG, its worth it. Here is one of the MANY places to get an EGR delete kit. 6.0L EGR Components
Old 04-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well i did have to much oil but its just at the top of the max would that be enogh to do it and it dose smell a little like disael and about the egr valve what if i just unpluged it would that set off a check engian light and would that be the same as deleting the coode or not
Old 04-04-2009, 09:29 AM

Next time your at the fillin station try diesel fuel instead of gas. Sorry I cant help with anything more than humor.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

hey so i draned some oil out of my engian and it dosent look like its helping could it be possible that i have bad injectors and i got diesel lecking into my oil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.