EGR problem!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 06:40 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR problem!!!

I bought the edge juice with additude module for my 2006 6.0. the service engine light came on and the scan came up that the egr valve was stuck open. I took it to ford they replaced the egr valve and a sensor. I put the edge module back in and it imediately coded out saying the egr valve is stuck open again. Also im getting 8 miles to the gallon. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2009, 06:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to troid123
get rid of edge products...
Old 03-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Powerstroke Techie

If the intake passages are carboned up severely, all it takes is for a loose piece of residual carbon to get lodged into the valve, and you'll have the same problem again. I have had my fair share of bad-out-of-box EGR valves in my experience. There is a specific build date for suspect bad EGR valves that Ford released an internal special service message warning dealers about. I don't remember the build date off the top of my head. Inspect the new EGR valve for a pink dot on one side, and a smaller silver dot on the other, to verify that the EGR valve installed on your truck is not within the suspect bad build date.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:13 PM

You think it has anything to do with the edge module and im getting horrible gas mileage.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:19 PM

it's not the edge causing the poor MPG. My truck had one on it before I got my SCT & I would get 15 MPG city and 18 MPG Highway. Just sounds like your EGR. I'd recommend at least blocking it off if not deleting it all together
Old 03-31-2009, 07:20 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien1130 View Post
You think it has anything to do with the edge module and im getting horrible gas mileage.
I highly doubt it, but it doesn't hurt to get rid of it. The first step is to bring it back to stock calibration. The next step is to evaluate your usage. These engines do not take well to extended idling of the engine or frequent short distance trips. Using good quality fuel also helps to reduce carbon buildup, along with Ford's PM-22-B cetane booster additive. These engines need to run fuel with cetane rating in the 40s, to run at its best.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:23 PM

I actuall see better MPG out of my truck when running a fuel that has a rating of 500 PPM Or when I run Schaeffers Soy Shield Diesel Additive I have seen a 2-3MPG Increase.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:25 PM

How do I block it off and will that cause anymore problems.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post
If the intake passages are carboned up severely, all it takes is for a loose piece of residual carbon to get lodged into the valve, and you'll have the same problem again. I have had my fair share of bad-out-of-box EGR valves in my experience. There is a specific build date for suspect bad EGR valves that Ford released an internal special service message warning dealers about. I don't remember the build date off the top of my head. Inspect the new EGR valve for a pink dot on one side, and a smaller silver dot on the other, to verify that the EGR valve installed on your truck is not within the suspect bad build date.

So if it has the pink and silver dots it means possibly a defective EGR valve or if it has them it means ok??.

I1.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignorant1 View Post
So if it has the pink and silver dots it means possibly a defective EGR valve or if it has them it means ok??.

I1.
If it has both dots, it means the valve IS the updated unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.