(coolant) need help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation (coolant) need help!

I have a new 06 f-250 with about 8,000 miles . I installed a banks sixgun bundle love it.Took my truck to the dealer because I noticed coolant leaking out of the filler cap.The dealer told me it was a headgasket,but im not convinced.And that they wont cover it under warrany because they said the banks system caused it.My temp. stays between 188 and 196 sometimes 200 but then goes back down to about 194.The truck has never over heated.and I think the only time i lose coolant is when i run the truck hard even in stock
mode.

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFULL THANKS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Banned

Call Banks up and see what they will do for you.... I am curious what they say.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:29 PM

Already Have Called Banks, Banks Told Me That Ford Has Been Having This Problem With Non Modified Deisels And That There System Did Not Cause That Because They Know Ford Systems Can Hold Up To About 32 Pounds Of Boost
Old 01-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan1184 View Post
Already Have Called Banks, Banks Told Me That Ford Has Been Having This Problem With Non Modified Deisels And That There System Did Not Cause That Because They Know Ford Systems Can Hold Up To About 32 Pounds Of Boost
LOL, no one wants to take blame...
Old 01-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had an o4 with the same problem. my dealer warrented the head gaskets, but he sells banks stuff. If you get it fixed I would look into head studs. Also I now have an 06 that did the same thing the other day and they told me that it had to much coolant in it. they said that the tank is miss marked and that the min. level should actually be the max level. They took some coolant out and the problem hasn't occured again even with my power pup at 120hp and hard driving. Good Luck!
Old 01-10-2007, 12:07 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

been dealing with this concern with 6.0 since day one ,after market equipment is an escape route some dealers use ,the problem exists even on stock trucks , if there is another dealer not to far from you call em up tell em your suituation ,they may take care of it for you ,we do em here no matter whats on them , to me its up to the tech ,do you want to make money or not is the way we look at it,some dealers do not want to fool with it though , and they have that option to decline it ,if the onl time it does it is when you get on it hard that is the first sign of headgaskets
Old 01-10-2007, 12:13 PM

My buddy has the same problem with his 04 6.0. The dealer said it was the cap and it was replaced twice with no repair. It only leaks when he gets on it. i still dont know if he got it fixed. Any help on the problem i would appreciate it also.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:22 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

tell your buddy to keep complaining about the problem ,its head gaskets i promise if not also warped heads ,been replacing several heads also
Old 01-10-2007, 12:48 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I thought that coolant puking was something you accepted on a 6.0

Hope if it is headgaskets you get it fixed under warranty!
Old 01-10-2007, 02:33 PM

djordan question

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott whisenhunt View Post
been dealing with this concern with 6.0 since day one ,after market equipment is an escape route some dealers use ,the problem exists even on stock trucks , if there is another dealer not to far from you call em up tell em your suituation ,they may take care of it for you ,we do em here no matter whats on them , to me its up to the tech ,do you want to make money or not is the way we look at it,some dealers do not want to fool with it though , and they have that option to decline it ,if the onl time it does it is when you get on it hard that is the first sign of headgaskets
Do you work for a ford dealer?If you do I'll bring my truck down there.
And have you herd of the overflow coolant tank to be marked wrong the min. is really suppose to be the max level.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.