Got a Recall Notice Today - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2006, 12:09 PM
Gun Nut

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Got a Recall Notice Today

Yup.....got a recall notice from Ford today on my '05;

Emission Recall 05E15 - Corrects the Emission Compliance issue; Updates the software in the engine control modules; Replace the Exhaust Pressure (EP) sensor.

Customer Satisfaction Program 05B32 - For your convenience, while your vehicle is in for the emissions issue, your dealer can also complete Customer Satisfaction Program 05B32. Your dealer will apply a new coolant fill level indicator label to the coolant bottle and , if necessary, adjust the fluid level. This is a no-charge service and will be available until December 31, 2008. In the future, please be sure that the new level markings are followed if your vehicle ever needs coolant.

OK.......my rig rocks and I really don't want them messing with it. Guess I'll have to think about this one. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't like other people working on my vehicle. Well unless PonyBoy's over and then I'm paying him in beer to help me, so I know it's safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Banned

you want to have them both done. the EBP recall fixes a few things. first they replace the sensor, there was a bad batch at the factory. they also splice in a new connector. the sensor is very precise and the connector on the harness can allow small voltage spikes, and it is enough to cause a check engine light or to make the engine run poorly. they will also reprogram the pcm. it will be programed to leave the injectors open slightly longer on cold starts to get rid of some of the rough idle cold concerns. if your truck is chipped, request that this protion not be done. the coolant bottle is just a sticker and making sure the level is not overfull. ford found out that the full markings on the degas bottle were too high, and if it was full cold, they will actually overflow hot due to the coolant expanding. none of them are anything major and will not affect any of the mods you may have done, as long as they dont flash your pcm. if it is not chipped, you will want the reprogram.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Gun Nut

As always mschn99 you rock, thanks for the info.
I'll go ahead and detune, clear her and take her in. My only problem is for 20,000 miles she's been simply an AMAZING rig. What if something they do doesn't take well and screws her up? It's the whole "Updates the software in the engine control modules" that bugs me. I'm in the IT industry and have been for nearly 20 years - "Updating software" on all devices doesn't always have the same effect across the board. I've read COUNTLESS accounts where a dealer "updates software" and some rigs have an adverse effect where others are fine. Oh well, I'm sure everything will be fine.............................................. .......
Old 01-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Banned

the software upgrade is pretty much just for cold start up issues, so i wouldnt worrie too much, and the sensor could fail on you and cause problems and it is a pretty simple repair, so i dont think they will mess it up, and thanks for the kudos.....always nice to hear a kind word......
Old 01-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Gun Nut

Alright I trust ya but if anything happens I'll change your gorgeous '51 Chevy's picture in your signature block to a '88 Yugo.
No really, I as well as a lot of others on here really appreciate all your help and insight. Thanks again!
Old 01-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodslinger
Alright I trust ya but if anything happens I'll change your gorgeous '51 Chevy's picture in your signature block to a '88 Yugo.
No really, I as well as a lot of others on here really appreciate all your help and insight. Thanks again!
a yugo wow, you really mean business
Old 01-26-2006, 04:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I just got mine also. The first thing I thought was Oh boy, now my lousy milage is going to get even worse, but after reading your commrnts, I dont think that should be a problem. I have a problem the dealer has been unable to track down and that is the engine seems to surge when just holdling it's own around 45MPH+ but only when pulling my 14K Fifth Wheel. Hopefully, this may fix that. Other than the surge when towing, the only other problem I have is keeping my foot out of it everytime I drive ... dang, I love this truck.

Ya'all have a great superduty day ....
Old 01-26-2006, 05:19 AM
Banned

a voltage spike from an ebp sensor could actually cause that surge, let me know if it helps it once you get the recalls done
Old 01-27-2006, 05:48 AM
Military Member

Send a message via ICQ to jwiger Send a message via AIM to jwiger Send a message via MSN to jwiger Send a message via Yahoo to jwiger
gonna take my [stock] truck in ASAP. also I've noticed that when i have a medium weight trailer (1,000 - 7,000 lbs) and i'm driving at 15 miles per hour or so in Tow/Haul mode my engine speed kinda bounces only happens at low speeds in tow/haul but it is annoying, i like to use tow/haul in parking lots just for the extra control. could this problem have any relation to the EBP or it's connector? I've never had a CEL come on.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via ICQ to ponyboy Send a message via AIM to ponyboy Send a message via Yahoo to ponyboy
Just read through this today. You need help this weekend Rod? I am thirsty.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.