Ughh turbo went and no start now,whats next? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2014, 01:49 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ughh turbo went and no start now,whats next?

Ok so 3 weeks ago I go to back the pos out of my driveway,and I make it all of 5 feet and it quit and no restart.I started checking the usual suspects,and watching my scan gauge.The ICP was only 225 while cranking,so I unplugged it and it jumped to 1015,IPR was 44.7.Still no start,I researched some and took out the oil regulator at the front of the engine,and it would have shot out if I didnt have a firm grip on it.It was stuck but there was nothing stuck up inside.I had a brand new IPR here so I changed that as well.

The y pipe has been leaking awhile so I figured while I had most of the stuff out of the way Id go ahead and put the new Sinister pipe on.While putting the turbo back on,I tipped it to the side I heard a "clunk" sure as shi* the turbo shaft was moving 1/8" fore and aft and slightly up and down.Upon tear down I found the rear oil ring was no more and destroyed the turbine wheel and ate up the billet impeller.
Ok,so now that I see the turbo problem Im wondering what my next move should be?Im guessing it wouldnt start bc the regulator was stuck,but I didnt see any trash in there.I need to drain and check the oil,but it was too dam hot and I was too ticked off to do anymore with it today.Im hoping its a simple fix bc this is 60k on motor#2 and there WONT be another 6.0 in my future.Any advice greatly appreciated.

Dan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2014, 01:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ive seen a few turbo for sale on here lately.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:03 PM

Thanks,Im going to get a new one from either Riff Raff or Barder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.