F250_6.0_2006_4x4_XLT_Stock - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2014, 06:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
F250_6.0_2006_4x4_XLT_Stock

$6,000 Later have problem coming back ???? Useing coolant agian, black smoke again for short periods on loads or climbs, No White smoke as before? Turbo new, EGR new, EGR cooler New, New lines,High pressure Oil pump new, some kind of rods in each cylinders dealer advised to replace while they were in there. 5,000 miles and back to what? Car MAX ? Love this truck, take very good care of my stuff !!!! No raceing, no codes showing, no lights on panel. My thoughts EGR valuve as engine had been being ran for 4 months burning 1 gallons of collant and smokeing up a storm. Replaced all above myself except High pressure oil pump and got 500 miles and she died coming out of the store. Dealer pulled plug on side, said high pressure oil pump and i gave it to them to fix, i have had 5,000 good miles now this? HELP or tell me to get rid of it? all parts were stock,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 11:40 AM
Premium Member

From your post I'm having trouble understanding what your exact problems are, but they seem to be.
1. Black Smoke
2. Coolant loss
3. Stall while driving

The Black smoke can be caused by many things. First, do you have any codes?
Regarding coolant loss, first replace your cap unless you have the updated one. Second, pull your Degas bottle and physically test it for leaks. Third, install a PSI gauge on the coolant system (google 6.0 coolant system PSI test).

I would like to know what your PSI reading is and what your Delta reading is. Also, when was the last time your turbo was cleaned.

Does your 06 have the updated STC fitting? Did they end up replacing the HPOP?

I recommend doing this work yourself, a shop is going to charge you too much. If your not comfortable doing or learning to do the work yourself, this truck is going to be very expensive to maintain and probably isn't for you and I would sell it.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the responce, will do all the things you listed myself.
Last trip to Dealer Alternative they found no ICP pressure, removed ipr and found screen blown out with metal , they replaced high pressure oil pump, replaced dummy plugs and found fuel regulator leaking and replaced. Have 5,ooo miles on it and blows black smoke sometimes on loads, or start from a stop. coolant level going down again as past problem except i knew it was burning it? So smoke at times and coolant loss is problem at this point.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds like your turbo isnt cleaning out the fuel its injecting.

Too much fuel from injectors (sticking or high fuel press)

or Not enough AIR, you could have exhaust leak on your UP-Pipes. causing not enough turbo spool.

Or your turbo veins are stuck or not working properly (stuck or VGT solenoid)

As far as coolant loss, is your truck studded? with Ford gaskets?

if so did they check your heads for cracks?

Do you have a monitor?
Old 07-17-2014, 07:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

2006, 6.0 stock

Have not done heads or done the studs fix. Working on the other suggestions. Old issue was, White smoke, burning coolant, did work myself, replaced EGR, EGR cooler, put in rebuilt Turbo, (vanes were fired in place). New hoses, coolant tank, cap etc. Got 5oo miles she dies coming out of the store parking lot. Dealer replaced High presure oil pump, dummy studs, fuel rail regulator, battries. Have 5,ooo miles, useing coolant, blows black smoke on loads going up hill for a few sec., same for hot weather at start from stop sometimes. Sounds good, runs goods except for signs? No codes, No lights on. Just concerned,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.