Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Heads or what

779 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Brandon4685 
#1 ·
Early 03 arps new heads, we're checked and were in spec oem head gaskets . Running 175/75s warren fmw 62 turbo non vgt ported intake regulated return innovative street tune. I just noticed that after hammering on it a couple times I got home and fender was wet and I opened hood and there is residue on the degas bottle I don't remember if the oil cooler was replaced when everything was done so do y'all think the heads are blown in not really using and coolant at normal temps it's about a centimeter below the min line just trying to figure if gonna be doing heads or again or what only 5k miles since they were just done also noticed fuel mileage is down and power is not there like use to be at mid and top end still have all the low end power I need thanks

#3 ·
All numbers are within 5 of each at wot and long runs put a coolant psi gauge on it hard runs gets to 15 the drops to 11 psi erg is deleted gonna put a new cap on tomorrow but normal driving psi is at 2-4 on coolant and gets never get above 1200 as I let off if they do

#4 ·
One more thing read that changed fill amount line at some point and a couple days ago I filled it to top line when it at normal op temp so I'm thinking that May have been my problem cause I was pretty hard on it when it was spitting coolant from the degas bottle I'm also gonna get rid of the gold coolant and go with a differ coolant what do y'all recommend as far brands and where to get it from

#6 ·
Ok so I put a new cap and took some coolant about a centimeter below the original low line and got on it hard but not full throttle all the way but pretty hard and it didn't puke so I'm praying it was just over filled and a bad cap cause I filled it to the old full line

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.