No Start - all 8 injector circuits high - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No Start - all 8 injector circuits high

Hey all, I just bought a non running 05 F350 as a project but I'm quickly thinking I got in over my head as I'm totally new to the powerstrokes! Help would be greatly appreciated!

I've been using the torque app to read sensors/codes and this is where I'm at. FICM had been replaced by previous owner, showing 48v. I'm also showing about 1600psi on the HPOP when cranking. When I scanned the codes I found all 8 injector circuits are "high", code P0262, etc., indicating a short???

What should I be looking for? I checked for broken wires leading into the FICM and everything looked good. Could it be all 8 injectors are bad? I also noticed the wheel well cover was missing right on the driver side, electronics had some dirt in there but I cleaned them out pretty good and still not starting. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2014, 12:14 PM
COONASS

Check out my sig it has the manuals and more....

Injectors
-PCM at the latest calibration?
Bad injectors can cause a surge, hard start, cold rough run, low power, black smoke or a miss. Address oil and fuel maintenance issues and aeration before replacing injectors.
-Injector installation is critical, improper torque will cause injector chamber gasket failures.
-Injector chamber gasket failures will result in aeration in the fuel from combustion gases.
-Failure to remove the oil from the hold down bolt hole will result in improper torque.
-Broken injector stator housings, when the two bolts that holds the stator housing to the injector body break, are caused by air in the fuel.
-2004 1/4 vehicles need to update the stand pipes when replacing injectors.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the advice. Would it be possible that the replacement FICM didn't get programmed? How can I tell if that hasn't been done? It's a rebuilt unit from Alliant Power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.