getting truck back today - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2006, 05:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
getting truck back today

will be picking up my 04 truck today from dealer. brought it in for what looked like the rear main seal leaking. they said they "think" it was the oil filter leaking a little bit. we'll see about that. also right before i brought it in i started it while it was hot and it smoked out my driveway pretty bad. they looked into that and told me they replaced two injectors, the egr valve, and some wire harness. this truck has 43000 miles on it. i bought it used and have only had it for a week or two. are they replaceing these injectors with the same ones or do they have some kind of upgraded injector instead. why not replace them all at once if they're having problems with them. are these injectors difficult to replace? are they expensive? i have to get the service manual for this truck and engine so iknow where everything is at. thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

wow! i got it back!

wow! thats all i can say. when i got the truck two weeks ago i thought it ran good. now that they put two injectors and a egr valve in this thing rips. now i know how these things are supposed to run. i'm blown away. even seems like my mileage improved some too. the dealer took care of me too by waiving my $100 deductible and hooking me up with a loner car. didn't even have to ask for them both. right now i'm smiling ear to ear. think i'll wash the monster on this 60 degree january day in pa.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Banned

ill post tonight for you lugnut with some info.....after i get home from work.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Banned

glad to hear there are other dealers out there takin care of people. as far as the injectors, warranty will not allow the dealer to replace any that do not test bad, and if the dealer does it just to do it, and warranty calls for the parts back and tests some as good, they will not pay for any part of the repair. that is why they just cannot replace all eight. the injectors are very expensive, and are not extremely difficult to replace, but if incorectly replaced can cause very serious problems, including bent pushrods or not starting at all due to high pressure fuel system problems. i would not reccomend injector replacement in any of the ford diesels by someone who doesnt have a pretty extensive knoladge of the procedure, even though i know a lot of guys that know nothing about them get lucky and dont have problems. if you are going to do it yourself, make sure to do your research and do it by the book.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Trust me lugnut, listen to what Marc has to say! lol...anyway I'm kind of amazed that injectors cost so much. I guess for their size they are some really complicated devices or what?
Old 01-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Smokin73Stroker
Trust me lugnut, listen to what Marc has to say! lol...anyway I'm kind of amazed that injectors cost so much. I guess for their size they are some really complicated devices or what?
have you seen a diesel injector smokin???? they are not small like gas motor ones, they are about 5 inches long and weigh about a pound.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

smoking normal?

last night it did its smoking thing again. it sat for about two hours after being driven for an hour. i started it and it ran rough and let out another huge cloud of smoke. once it cleared out it seemed fine but i only drove it a mile home. is this normal to do that?
Old 01-21-2006, 07:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut
last night it did its smoking thing again. it sat for about two hours after being driven for an hour. i started it and it ran rough and let out another huge cloud of smoke. once it cleared out it seemed fine but i only drove it a mile home. is this normal to do that?
if it just does that once, there may have still been a little air in the high pressure system, and it may not do it again, but it that persists, take it back in, and dont give it too long because you will end up paying the deductable if you go too long after the initail repair with the same concern. no, rough running or smoking is not normal for a sick 0
Old 01-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Yeah i've seen fuel injectors. They are rather large and heavy. Pretty crazy compared to injectors from a gas engine..
Old 01-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

well it has only let out one small puff of smoke since last night. hopefully it was only air. i have started it a few times today and its been good. i did find a 5/16 deep well socket (snap on) and a spring the mechanic left between my cowl and hood. the spring looks important but also appears to be broke. i'm hoping he replaced it with a new one and just forgot to toss this one out. i'll have to ask him what is was for when i bring him back his socket. thanks again msch99 and everyone else on this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.