Head Lift bracket - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 05:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Head Lift bracket

Who's willing to let a poor man borrow their head lift bracket? Planning a complete gasket, head, and arp installing this coming weekend. Looking for an easier and safer way to remove and replace the heads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbailmeout View Post
Who's willing to let a poor man borrow their head lift bracket? Planning a complete gasket, head, and arp installing this coming weekend. Looking for an easier and safer way to remove and replace the heads.
I can't loan you one, but going through this right now, I wouldn't try doing this in-cab without one. Going to be putting the heads back in tomorrow. I'm just going to sell it when I am done, so maybe you could consider doing that - buying one and then selling it.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Serving Our Country!

I agree ^^^ I believe having one would have made things a lot easier. Those things are like gold, good luck trying to get a loaner or used one. Most likely you'll just have to bite the bullet and drop $100 for one or make your own. DIY head install/remove bracket.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I know I'm waiting for a unicorn, but I thought I would throw it out there. I found these steps to make my own, but I don't know how much I trust my welding skills.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Serving Our Country!

I hear ya. I had a plan to take a $15 engine lifting bracket and some angle steel and fab something that might work. Needed to cut the bracket and I don't have a band saw so it didn't work out very well. Also that engine bracket was a lot beefier than what I thought it would be and I couldn't bend it to get the proper angle. In the end I just used a chain and man handled the head while my step son lowered the hoist. If I had to do it over (and pray I don't) I would buy the bracket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.