bunch of problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 10:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bunch of problems

so the back story is this.. went to the local gas station and put 40.00 of diesel in it. drive it 8 miles to walmart and it ran great, headed home I get a mile down the road and it starts loosing power and clunking so I pull over and it wont restart. I get it towed home and scan it and 2,3,5 and 8 injectors are dead.. I replaced all 8 injectors and it would crank and crank but not fire.. I am talking all day I cranked it and wouldn't fire.. I pulled the valve covers to look for injector leaks and my wife goes to crank it and it just clunks hard and wont crank at all.. this morning I get it to crank and crank but not fire..

then I am getting a icp low code- disconnect the icp and ipr and nothing.. I replaced the icp and harness now I am getting a crankshaft sensor open code..

I am at a total loss it will go from cranking to just a loud clunk and nothing at all...

any help is greatly appreciated!!
its a 2003 F350 6.0 2wd with 180k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2014, 11:10 AM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

I am sorry for all your troubles and for the question I am about to ask. Did you replace your fuel filters and drain the water separator? So you have fuel up to the bowl? Have you checked your oil level? How is the oil level in the HPOP? When you turn the key for the wait to start do you hear the fuel pump running? Dumb questions I know but all important stuff
Old 06-21-2014, 02:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I figured I got bad fuel and I drained the water right away but there was just fuel.. I am getting good fuel up to the filter and I have the blue spring kit installed. oil level is good I did a change when I did injectors .

I am getting it to crank now and its blowing ALOT of white smoke that turns to black then white again and it really wants to fire initially if I cycle the key a couple times then crank it then it kind of quits sounding like it wants to start and just cranks.. I have given it about 6 30 sec cranks and am now letting it sit to cool down.

I appreciate the ideas! keep them coming!!
Old 06-21-2014, 02:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm just gonna start listing stuff...some could be way off.

You're sure the oil rail seals are good? The glow plug harness is plugged in all the way? All the injector plugs are seated completely? You have a charger hooked up to keep the batteries healthy while you crank a bunch? Do you have an OEM oil filter and cap? You torqued the injectors down and cleaned the sleeves? None of the prints got scraped or pinched on the way in? Any sensors unplugged during injector replacement found their way back home?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.