Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2004 f250 stalling

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Bluedemon6.0 
#1 ·
truck has egr delete, and studs. just flushed coolant system, replaced oil cooler, and dummy plugs. finished it late at a friends house drove it home stalled out and limped it home. the WIF and glowplug lights come on when it does the stall. next mornin tried it again and now if i pull it out on the street it doesnt make it 50ft and stalls out completely and dies. fires right back up each time though. when it stalls the icp gauge on cts freezes. uploaded a video hopefully that helps some. this is my first diesel so sorry if im forgetting something. oh and its not throwing any codes and idles fine. thanks in advance

2004 f250 stall - YouTube

#2 ·
Your battery voltage is really low, if that is what is monitored at the bottom right. I would check battery connections could have a loose connection and have the alternator checked. Your truck should never drop in voltage when you hit the accelerator.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
Yes it would, a bad battery would cause your truck to cut off. Definitely check your connections and have your batteries load tested and alternator checked.

#6 ·
The problem is the load applied to the truck, i do not think that these diesels are designed to run solely off of the alternator. I do not think the problem has anything to do with your icp because all readings freeze, it could be just a drop in voltage causing a communication problem with your cts and the ecm. I would fix one problem then see what happens. Voltage will fluctuate but once the truck gets to operating temps the voltage should never go below 12v. Good luck.

#7 ·
batteries all tested good. read somewhere about putting a section of heter hose under the connections on the ficm, that seems to have fixed it. the connections seemed in, but i put the hose in any way. no stalls, so far so good. maybe i can make it home now. thanks for the input guys.

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.