Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Hot no start

789 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  juddadam 
#1 ·
Ive replaced hpop, ipr, icp, d-plugs and standpipes. When cold it starts like a brand new truck and idles like a brand new truck.. once hot turn off try to restart cranks will not restart. icp showing 8.0 and ipr showing 14.7 at crank when hot... when warm at idle icp 533.0 and ipr 35.2. I have ordered an adapter to make an air line to air test it just waiting on it in the mail... I have read by applying 12 volts to the ipr to command it when doing an air test do i need to basically get another pig tail and rig it up to a long line to reach batteries? Any suggestions on what it could be without doing an air test or i just need to do an air test and go from there?

#2 ·
Do an air test for sure. It will save you a lot of time and aggravation. I've learned the hard way that you need to test everything first to make sure what the problem is. At this point I figure it's a better investment to put your money and time into diagnostic tools rather than parts. Replacing parts that you suspect are the problem will most of the time cause you to spend more money on parts than on diagnostic tools. So do the air test first to see where your problem is. Your HPO system also includes the oil rail couplings, and the injectors themselves. There are o-rings inside the oil rail to seal the cups to the rail and then seals inside the injectors themselves to seal the cups to the injectors. It's possible that when you did you d-plugs and stand pipes that you might have damaged the seals and now you have a HPO leak. You can look on YouTube so see how to command the IPR shut. There is also an air fitting that you can get that goes into the IPR itself and then you don't have to command it shut. But definitely do an air test first to determine the problem. Hope this helps.

#4 ·
Thank you that's what I'm planning on doing. My truck is early 04 has old style pump does not have stc fitting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.