Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.0 FICM failed attempt at resolder

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Oil_Man 
#1 ·
Hindsight is 20/20, but I attempted to resolder the resisters on my 6.0 FICM and made a mess. Will companies repair mine? Will they even accept it as a core? Which FICM is the most reliable as I dont want to do this agasin.

Thanks

#2 ·
Send it to Ed at FICMrepair.com and he'll fix it up right for you. It will probably cost you an additional $50 because he will have to clean up your soldering but at least it will be done right.

#3 ·
X2 on Ed. I used him when my FICM needed to be repaired. He also has the ability to add a FICM tune at the same time. I put the Atlas 40 on mine.
Other options are that you could also just replace that board. If you have an International Truck dealership close by, ask the parts counter for part number 5010598R92...or you can search Dorman Ficm board on amazon (quite a bit cheaper than the parts stores). No idea how long a Dorman will last..or the International for that matter.
Another option, if you want the best and money is no object is the BPD FICMs. $495 for the half-shell or the whole shooting match starting at $745.95 depending on what you want...

#4 ·
one of the nice things about the Bulletproof unit is no core needed so no downtime
no potential up-charge for a previous repair attempt gone wrong or worse yet a repair denial due the previous bad repair attempt then your out shipping both ways

I have an unmolested power supply that was starting to drop voltage in AZ if yours is buggered badly i will ship FedEx with tracking to a FICM repair facility of your choice for $60

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.