Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

04 6.0 crank no start

629 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  04powerstrokeblue 
#1 ·
I have read a lot of post but didn't have much luck finding one about a cold no start and the same symptoms I'm having. It started about three weeks ago when my truck didn't want to start for crap when cold but once warmed up ran good. Now it has turned into a crank no start. First I checked readings with a scan gauge 2 and ICP IPR and SYNC were all good but FICM output was dropping to 35 and slowly building to 47.5 so I tried the FICM repair and re soldered the joints on the power side. FICM now reads 47.5 volts all the time but now ICP pressure starts at 7 and will slowly build and I mean slowly to 500 and fire once or twice but won't run. I'm guessing there is a leak somewhere in the oil system haven't air tested it yet I didn't have a fitting to do it with but I did pull HPOP cover off and got the ICP sensor off and the screen was stuck in the cover and the green O ring was smashed and had a gash in it I don't know if this would be the problem or not I plan on replacing it ether way. Just wanted to get some other peoples opinions on this and someone to bounce some ideas off of. Wanted to get it running this weekend before I half to go back to school. Any ideas would be very much appreciated thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.