03 6.0 long crank when WARM not hot. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 06:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 6.0 long crank when WARM not hot.

Sorry its kinda a long post but please bear with me. I have a 2003 F250 with 87k miles. About two weeks ago it started to crank for a 8-10 sec before starting when warm which isent normal for my truck usually it starts within 1-2 seconds. I use a scan gauge 2 and ive only noticed it doing it between 130-160f when the glow plug light goes on and off with in a couple seconds. However it is intermittent and will not do it when it is hot 160-180 or cold when the glow plugs are active. The ipr icp fmp are all good while cranking.

The FICM was replaced 5 months ago along with the oil cooler and egr cooler (which has sence been deleted). About a month ago i lost the right head gasket so i took the cab off studed it while putting it back together i pressure checked the HPO i dident hear any leaks. It has the early style oil rails without the standpipes and dummy plugs instead it has the stainless braided lines with quick disconnects. I changed the IPR and ICP sensor along with the #3 injector (my mistake) put the 6.4 banjo bolts in it deleted the EGR put a fass platinum fuel system on it in updated tubo feed and drain tubes.

Iv seen a couple of forums with people having similar problems some saying HPO leak others saying GPCM or glow plugs which is what im leaning towards.
I personally think it has something to do with the glow plug system because when i go to fire it up in the morning the glow plug light pops on for 5 or so seconds it fires within 1-2 sec and runs like a champ. As soon as its up to temp i can shut it off and it fires right back up every time. it only seems to do it in that 130-160 range idk maby the fuel doesn't want to light cause the glow plugs dont run in that temp range and when its hot its just hot enough to fire i have no clue. Has anyone else had this problem it just seems like know one can figure this one out. any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
glow plug control module, glow plugs, long crank

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.