Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Piece of gasket dropped into HPOP area

675 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jpott62 
#1 ·
Hello,
I'm in the process of replacing the STC fitting. When I removed the HPOP cover, it looked like they had used some gasket sealer to seal the back left and right corners of the cover. I'm assuming that it was like this from the factory? See attached pictures. I started to scrape off the gasket but was attacked by some flying ant thing and a little piece of gasket fell in the back part where the HPOP Gear meet the larger gear(Im assuming that's attached to the cam). The piece of gasket was about 1 inch long, 1/4 inch wide, and fairly thin. It was a piece mashed between the cover and the block. Anyway, what sort of bad things are going to happen? Is this little b*stard going to plug one of those oil ports? or will it get trapped in the oil filter. Would dropping the oil pan allow access for me to get that piece out? I'm so careful to do extra clean work. Freaking flying ants.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.