Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

05 running like crap after new heads and studs

712 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Stroked03 
#1 ·
I just finished head job on my 05 F350. It is running ruff and shaking a little bit and smoking pretty good when I gas on it. I hooked my SCT up to it and it has no codes. I tried to drive it and when I give it gas it almost dies. Could there still be air in my oil rail/ fuel system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Update on the truck. I pulled valve covers and oil rail the other day and had a bent push tube on passenger side cylinder in front end of motor. I replaced it with a new one from ford and checked o - rings on injectors on passenger side. But the truck is still missing, and it has a cha cha cha sound to it. I unplugged ICP and no change. It smokes pretty good on take off but seems to run good under boost. It is not cranking smooth it seems to crank slow, but batteries are good and have good charge. What else could it be. This dang thing has about exhausted me. Any thoughts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.