Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Blue/white smoke at hot idle

534 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Bridgeman 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I've stumbled around the site a few times and now that i have an issue with my 6.0, i need some help. I have searched as much as possible before asking, but i cant find anything specific to my issue.

I just recently did my first oil change on my "new to me" truck. 2006 f250 6.0l lariat 4x4 125k miles. The only upgrades that i have done is a AFE cold air intake and a diamond eye 5" straight. After doing the oil change i noticed a little blue/white smoke while sitting at a redlight. This only happens after the truck is at operating temp. I used the ford powerstroke oil filter and the ford powerstroke oil (it was all that was available at the time. I usually try to use synthetic). Im not losing any oil and im not losing any coolant either. Like i said, this only happens at operating temp at a redlight or after coming to some kind of a stop. Any insight would be appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.