Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Powermaxx turbo

784 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  vannutz 
#1 ·
Hello everybody, I am new on here and have a question: I just put new head gaskets, new oil cooler, already had Sinister ERG Delete. I put a garret powermax and have a SCT tuner. When I take off normal it is not getting enough boost to even show up on my digital gauge. When I romp on it there is a few second delay before really taking off. Help!!

#2 ·
Are you studded? Shouldnt matter about your issue, but if you went through the trouble of replacing the head gaskets, should've studded it.

Welcome to the forums, is your VGT plug connected on the turbo?, your CAC boots ok? What tune did you load with SCT? when you did the sinister EGR delete, was the up pipe also replaced with a straight one? or you put a cap on the scoop that used to go to the egr cooler.

Sounds either the VGT plug is disconnected, or loose, or you have an exhaust leak which is my assumption, or your CAC boots need to be replaced.

#3 ·
Thank you for your reply. It is ARP studded, VGT is plugged in tight and zip tied in. The EGR was already done but I believe pipe was capped. Boots are good and I can't find an exhaust leak. Tunes in SCT are: 8k towing, Aggressive towing, or street race. Thank you for your help. This is very frustrating!!

#4 ·
i had a lot of turbo lag on my powermax also, I have a FICM tune in it now that cleared that up. I still want to change out the turbo wheel too

Reactions: coberly1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.