Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cranks won't start

819 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  PowerStrokedRedneck 
#1 ·
I put a new oil color and EGR cooler in my late 04 Ex. Drove up to the coin car was. Hosed down the oil underneath and lightly got the oil out of the valley. Then Drove it around for about 20 mins to the car wash. Turned it off so I could unlock my hitch to remove. Now it won't start. We ran it through the wash then pushed it out of the way on the other side and towed it the mile home.

So this morning while everything is cold soaked. I'm getting about 63 psi fuel pressure, 64 psi oil pressure at the filter, 49.5 V on the FICM, 12+ V on the batteries (have jumper cables hooked up to my service truck running at high idle), 77% IPR, just under between 490 and 505 psi high oil pressure, and I had about 130 or so RPMs when I had everything above. There are no codes. All read through my ScanGaugeII.

I work in the truck shop for a Cat dealer and I've done 6 of these coolers there and rebuilt from a bare block another. So I know my way around Diesel engines and have a good understanding of the 6.0. But I don't have the dealer software.

Please help. This truck has been down for two weeks. I need to get it running. Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

See less See more
#4 ·
Just figured it out. When I pulled the manifold off I have to twist the valve a little to get it unplugged. I guess when I did that, the o-ring on the tip broke. It stayed in place until I romped on then blew out. So I put a new valve in. Fired right up. I'm hoping this fixed me intermittent hard starting too. Just wanted to let others know so if they're in the same boat this might help

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.