Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

High Deltas...My Turn

607 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JRoy 
#1 ·
Stock late build 2004 with 128K miles. Been worrying about deltas so started monitoring. Well as best I can tell as I live in hilly southeast TN I am running a 19 degree delta per procedure. Luckily my commute doesn't cause the departure very often as I only have short bursts of highway speed and mostly traffic jams but I have seen 30+ pulling a long hill (oil temp ~220F and don't know when to panic).

I have read dozens of threads on several forums and have seen that this topic draws out tons of opinions. Very hard to sort through opinions to find the facts but one thing is for certain...I need to be proactive or this will end more expensively. I plan on all the usuals (flush, studs, stock oil cooler, egr delete, coolant filter, blue spring and all the other little odds and ends).

Anyone know of a good shop in the Chattanooga area? I'm 2hrs from Atlanta, Knoxville, Hunstville and Birmingham. Willing to commute for a good shop.

Thanks for this community!

Roy

#3 ·
Don't have time or a good place to work on her...and I'm skeert! This job seems overwhelming after watching a few vids. I am monitoring with a Bluetooth dongle and the Tourque app.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.