Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

05 OIL Pressure ISSUE

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  WHAT HAPPENED 
#1 ·
OK so here is the story:

I was at a light and the truck was idling fine then went to the next light and it had a very slight maybe 100-250 RPM surge "up" and I thought that sounded weird coming from the truck. My thoughts before the light turned green was to "get on the truck a little and watch my gauges". Light turned green and took off fine 2K RPM every thing sounded good... Then I floored the truck and it shut off in traffic...:eek:hnoes:

So what i did was put the truck in neutral turned the key to off then stared to crank it over as it was moving down the road (tried 2 times) NOTHING:tard:
So found a street that i could turn off of under no power. So I had very little braking power and the steering was like a rock. I made it to a safe place in a (Church) parking lot.

Then I called Eric (on his Cell) from JSJ Extreme on a SUNDAY at 7PM. Man was i happy he picked up. So we went over the FICM it was at 48V we went over the batteries they were good. Then we went over to the ICP it was reading 0 PSI on cranking (I replaced the ICP sensor about 4 months ago) I unplugged it and still nothing (It was reading the default ~630 PSI).

So Eric called a TOW truck for me to have it towed to JSJ Extreme. What we think it is:

HPOP or Dummy plugs

I will let you all know what the out come it as soon as i know :please:

P.S. I have not made it to my first oil change yet :doh: this was going to happen this week...

See less See more
#2 ·
Check base pressure first.

If it is a HPOP leak, you shouldn't get 0, you should be getting 200-400. (You need 560 to fire)

Or it could be a bad IPR.

#3 ·
something similar happened to my 05, wouldnt crank when oil was hot and had to wait for oil to cool because I had a HPOP leak. It was the quick connect that went to the pump, it had loosened enough to allow a lose of pressure so it wouldn't start up...There was a tsb fo it, and I think the part to fix it was like 50 bucks and all it was was a clamp to keep the line seated so you wouldn't loose pressure. Sucked to put on but it did the job

#4 ·
Well I just found out that it is my HPOP @ 101K and he has another truck right next to mine that has the same thing with 108K...

#5 ·
Well I got my truck back and runs like it did before the HPOP failure and also they changed out the IPR and changed the pig tale on my ICP...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.