Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Died while driving.

2K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  6.0cattleHauler 
#1 ·
I was headed up the road , made a corner. Stepped on the pedal to speed up and it was like someone just shut my fuel off. Got it home codes are telling me it has low IPR psi. ICP was 30 maybe 40 max. I then replaced the stc fitting with the updated version and replaced the screen on the IPR valve ( it had a hole in it). Now it still won't start, oil is up, and now it's reading no ICP. When cranking the "normal" oil psi does come up. The truck is stalk and has a little over 230,000 miles on it, its a 2006 manual transmission.What should I look at next? And should I replace the ipr valve?

#2 ·
Replace IPR valve.

Did you primed the HPOP system?

Unscrew the ICP, crank it, check for any oil coming out

#10 ·
Big amount of oil? What's the ICP pressure reading when you crank it with the ICP plugged?

#18 ·
The HPOP wont have any damage if the screen is broken, well, i think...

Most of the cases i've seen with the iron HPOP's are the bearing on the shaft going bad, eating the HPOP core.

The aluminum ones just stop pumping, they stop building pressure, or sometimes they... i don't know the word in english, they broke the shaft in there, and let a lot of aluminum go into the HPO rails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.