Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Truck smokes white

1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Gnowack725 
#1 ·
I have a 05 6.0 stock besides a 5in exhaust. Smokes white after a cruise on the highway, wrench light eventually comes on if its a long enough drive. I haven't been able to scan the code yet. Not just on highway, but that wheres its most noticeable, also cant tell when im driving only when at a stop you can notice. I dont have a monitor to see if its getin hot, dash gauge reads perfect temp. Injectors? Oil cooler?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Dash gauge will always read perfect, until it's too late, and your oil fill cap has gone into pieces and your filter standpipe has melted into the oil cooler.

Could you get a reader? Ask a friend, buy a AutoEuginuity, OBD2 bluetooth reader.

You need to check your temperatures.

Have you ever reflashed your PCM? You could have the last strategy, that one shows the wrench when the deltas are higher than a given max.

#4 ·
I haven't been able to scan the code yet.... I dont have a monitor to see if its getin hot....
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Do you have an Android or Apple phone?

With an Android and under $30, you got yourself a monitor and scanner... get an OBDII Bluetooth adapter and the Torque App. Adapter($9-$25) App($5)

#8 ·
Reactions: john galt
#9 ·
Have you ever been into the dealer?

Most of the times they will reflash it when the IDS hooks up.

Due to the TSB's and stuff that dealers do.

#12 ·
Its another part of the engine, in the heads, but come on, you can do it, its not that hard!!

And deffinetly its a must do.... Because of your high oil temps, the dummy plugs and the stand pipes prints must have been toasted by now

BTW, there's no oilcooler on that pic, be sure to buy one, OEM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.