Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.0 turbo problems please help

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Steve san 
#1 ·
Hello new to forum but have read through extensively I have an 05 f 250 mostly stock other than bullet proof egr cooler and upgraded oil cooler I'm very well versed with many of the 6.0 problems as I was involved in the court case I'm on my third turbo and having problems with boost I've changed ebp sensor and didn't change anything the truck has erratic boost hot cold when ever sometimes none sometimes 25 then just drops out I I yanked turbo and cleaned shutter veins as I have read a lot about that today I put in a new actuator ran perfect for 50 miles and then no boost at all it was a echlin I put in not a garret do these things really go bad that frequently? Could I have gotten a bad one? Or is there anything that possibly cooked the thing electronically from another source (map sensor) or any other place?

#2 ·
You need a monitor to check the VGT% the EBP, MAP, BARO readings.

Without that, we could just go changing a lot of items, without even solving the problem.

#3 ·
Thanks jorge
I understand and that's where I'm at now it's been a while since I posted but I don't have a scanner or scan tool but I can say since the last post I put a brand new not reman turbo in and changed map also neither made a difference so for now I have to take my best guesstimate and throw parts at it turbo will spool when cold but once it warms up no power and lots of black smoke and no boost (or very little 2 or 3 lbs that's it)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.