Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

installed tunner and turbo will not produce boost

1K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  spook09 
#1 ·
I recently installed a banks six gun tuner on my 2006 f-350 6.0 king ranch and when I was done I had a bad loss in power and my turbo is not building up any boost and does not sound like it is spooling up. I removed the tuner and nothing has changed. I don't feel it is a air or exhaust leak since I did not remove any of that. If someone could help it would be appreciated. I am new to this site so I would like to apologize if the problem has been previously addressed in another thread.

#3 ·
yes. I checked it once before removing the tuner and it did nothing different then I removed tuner and nothing and I checked a it again after I removed it to just be sure. just to let you know the tuner had already been used but I cleared the old info from the tuner when I installed it in my truck like it said in the book. did not know if this would affect anything.

#5 ·
I did not pull it of but I could not see any cracks in it from standing beside my truck I call my self looking fairly close but I am not saying it is impossible since it has a wrap around it so u can only see part of the hose. but the hose looked like there was nothing wrong of what it could see it did not look old at all

#7 ·
I don't believe so. I can check though. I looked trying to find any wires or maybe a vacuum line that might of come undone and I could not find any. I did not know what I could of undone to have cased this so I was just looking for loose wires. would the tuner have cause my map sensor to go out? I will probably get a new hose just to play safe.

#10 ·
I checked the hose and no clogs and their is no cracks or weathering the vgt sensor is plugged in. I am going to replace hose and clamps just in case. If someone can tell me what else it might b please do so. I will carry it to the ford place Tuesday if I do not figure it out

#11 ·
If you had a monitor you would be able to find the area of concern. Without it, it would be extremely difficult unless the problem is obvious. You need to determine if there is a leak (exhaust or boost side) or if the turbo is not responding ( vanes are fully open). You could try unplugging the VGT while running and see if the tone of the exhaust gets deeper. That may tell you one part of the story. You have already been briefed on the boost side, but the EBP needs to be determined.

Of course, your problem could be completely coincidental to a separate failure not related to your work, like a cracked up-pipe; but not likely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.