Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Truck just turned off will not start

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Kingvek 
#1 ·
Hi if anyone can please help brand-new 6.0 rebuild completely bulletproof supposedly finish break in stage two weeks later towing RV after two hours Chuck just shut off no weird noises but will not start. Being told it is an IPR maybe just went off to shop any ideas??

#2 ·
What are your mods for the "bullet proofing"? Do you have an aftermarket data monitor? It could be a number of things, but a data monitor can give you real time data that we can help you compare to normal values.

Check out a Scan Gauge II, or EDGE CTS. Let us know! :thumb:

#3 ·
Without some more numbers it's hard to know.

Are you running an OEM oil filter cap and Motorcraft/Racor filter? If so is that getting oil? Could be an oil pressure problem.

Reactions: Ford diesel girl
#4 ·
I hope I replied in the correct spot not quite sure how to work this forum yet. I have done the EGR delete, the ARP head studs and gaskets, Bluespring upgrades in the fuel pressure regulator, Bulletproof Diesel fuel injection control module, SCT tuner with exhaust and, S&B Ram air intake. The tuner was reading FICM codes, low voltage, and throttle body position sensor. Replaced the FICM and IPR (?) and still won't start.

#8 ·
Funny you ask that question unfortunately I just had to bypass the oil pressure sensor due to it stripping out but mechanics think maybe one of their oil pressure lines gaskets went out (O-rings). Just fixing to order new oil cap From Bulletproof Diesel to be able to correct that problem��

#10 ·
I had the same problem. The new Stc fitting I put in blew the gasket between the fitting and the branch tube.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.