Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

reman 6.0

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  AshevilleEngine.com 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my truck dropped a lifter, so now I'm looking to buy a reman 6.0. Anyone have any suggestions on where I should get my engine?
So far it looks like barnettes engines are the cheapest at $4695 w a 3yr/100 k mile warranty. J n K engines wants $5895 w a 1yr/ unlimited, black water wants $4800 w 1yr/ unlimited. Is Ashville and blackwater the same company?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

#2 ·
No, Asheville Engine, Inc. and Blackwater are definitely NOT the same company.

Just a suggestion...the cheapest things aren't usually a person's best choice. I would do two things before deciding which company to buy a product from.
1) Do a google search with the company's name and the word "problems", or "complaints" or something similar to see what kind of reviews they are getting. Keep in mind that in the age of the Internet, anybody who's pissed about something can put something out there whether it's true or not.
2) Read the company's web site CAREFULLY. What they tell you on the phone may not match what is written on their web site. I've heard that several say that they re-manufacture engines with all new parts but their site says something to the effect that they "inspect and replace parts as needed." There are companies who recondition (fix) engines who advertise that they are re-manufacturing them. There is a difference!
Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.