Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

05 F250 6.0 motor problems plz help?

906 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  AshevilleEngine.com 
#1 ·
well I have a 6.0 that all of a sudden wont start and my brother noticed a line of oil running down and across the axle and steering stabilizer bar but was running fine earlier but had experienced no start issue earlier and I know ether is wrong to use but got it running and run fine and started the next day just fine went to the store and went in for 15 mins and it wouldn't start again now im having the crank but no start issue and noticed oil or something under truck running in a line with the steering stabilizer please please help!

I have 05 f250 4door for sale it has 146 thousand miles 12 thousand dollars

#4 ·
But yea oil level is fine I noticed oil on ground under truck
looks as if it's coming from hpop cover or ipr valve maybe a half
a quart or less but not doing it anymore as long as I don't try and start
it. I have done burnt the starter up now so ordering new one tonight
along with a ebay scanner see if I can't figure this thing out

#6 ·
As far as the oil on the axle, check the simple stuff first like your oil dipstick. That's where it should go into the block, near axle on the driver's side. If it's loose it could be squirting oil.

As far as your no start when hot that seems to be the classic dummy plugs/STC fitting. Do you know if your truck has the updated dummy plugs and STC fitting? That's typically what causes a hot no start.

#8 ·
For a cold no start you prob will need a scan gauge to figure out what's going on. You could manually go and check things one by one thought. It's either going to be your FICM voltage, FICM sync, IPR valve, or ICP.

Have you seen some of the videos on YouTube?

Check this guy out, he def seems to know what he's talking about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.