Huffed '05 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2006, 05:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Huffed '05

I'm posting this for a friend. Anyways, he has a '05 6.0, CC LB 6 speed 4x4 with the Edge Juice Attitude and a 5" exhaust. Egt's have never been over 1200 deg. Truck has 21,000 miles and oil changes every 3-4,000 miles. The turbo went out and he took it to a different dealership than the one he purchased it from because of the quickness getting it in. They looked it over and never got back to him. He finally called them and was told they hadn't had the time to really look into it, so he had it towed to the dealership where he bought it. The dealer who was looking at it said they wouldn't release it untill he paid the $150 charge for draining of the oil. After a heated b!thcing match, they released it. Ford was unable to send anyone out to look at it untill the beginning of the year, but when he showed up he found not only the turbo bad, but according to Mr. Ford Rep., all of the bearings were bad in the engine. He told my buddy that it was probably due to oil failure. He also said that since it doesn't have Motorcraft oil in it, Ford will not warranty it. Any of you guys have suggestions on what he should do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2006, 04:38 AM

As of yesterday, we found 2 big cracks, #1 is right behind the crank pully, #2 is just above the bell housing. Any ideas?
Old 01-18-2006, 05:20 AM
Banned

your in a sticky spot if you dont have your mainanence records, and this is one of the negatives of at home oil changes. you need to somehow show that the oil in the vehicle "meets or exceeds" factory requirments, and same goes for the filter. if you do this, they have to consider the oil in it as good as motorcraft. did they find the causual part? and if i was you, i would not dig into that motor, you could damage any potential fight or lawsuit with ford by doing so.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:55 AM

Thanks for the reply marc. The oil exceeds Fords requirements and he is having it analyzed now. The label from the oil drum was faxed to the rep from Ford along with the pictures of the cracks ( neither dealer was aware of them ). The filter is a Motorcraft, and he has maintanence records. Neither of the service depts. didn't really look into the engine. He said nothing was removed from the engine ( other than the oil ) while either dealership had it.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Banned

perfect, im at work now, but ill post later with some info and ill also private message you some i should not publicly post........youll get em to pay, trust me, and sounds like your buddy has his ducks in a row, so it shouldnt be too much of a hassle.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Banned

k, here is the deal, there was some sick-0's built that had excessive endplay in the crank, and most of these i have seen ended up with conditions just like you have said. ill PM you with some more info.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:34 AM

I talked to my buddy last night. Ford tore the engine down and found 2 things: excessive end play in the crank, and the oil pump exploded. He was told that the only reason they are going to fix it is because there is 2 cracks in the block. I would have figured the non-existing oil pump would have been enough, but they said thats his problem.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stomper2
He was told that the only reason they are going to fix it is because there is 2 cracks in the block. I would have figured the non-existing oil pump would have been enough, but they said thats his problem.
they were just tryin to sound like they were doin him a favorlllllll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.