injectors dropping out then corrects - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry injectors dropping out then corrects

03 F250 6.0 Injectors dropping out 2 on each bank according to FORD. When I take of after truck has been sitting for several hours, within 6 miles engine starts droping injectors. Ford can see them dropping out but no codes appear. They replaced EGR and updated computer. If I keep driving it eventualy comes back within 10 minutes, it does great until the next time it sits for a while.I believe its the same injectors but not sure. The only thing it shows is injectors dropping out but no cause or code.

When it happends it sounds like a tractor, no power, no smoke, it will not easly take off you have to floor it and it takes a while to gain rpm's and speed. If I turn it off while having this problem it will not restart, I had it towed to dealer one night the next morning I went there and it cranked up and ran fine until that evening. I left work and it started acting up again. It does not matter if I let it warm up for 5min or 30min it happens shortly after tacking off.

Last edited by ford f250 4x4; 01-15-2006 at 05:28 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2006, 04:30 PM
Banned

is it usually the same injectors?, and has the dealer been able to pull any codes (sometimes you can have a code with no check engine light). also, is it just running rough, or do you have a lack of power, and do you have any smoke??? is it ever hard to start, and if so, hot or cold?? and does it ever miss right after start up, or is it always after it is driven a short time??
Old 01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I believe its the same injectors but not sure. The only thing it shows is injectors dropping out but no cause or code. When it happends it sounds like a tractor, no power, no smoke, it will not easly take off you have to floor it and it takes a while to gain rpm's and speed. If I turn it off while having this problem it will not restart, I had it towed to dealer one night the next morning I went there and it cranked up and ran fine until that evening. I left work and it started acting up again. It does not matter if I let it warm up for 5min or 30min it happens shortly after tacking off.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Banned

sounds to me like you are perfectly correct in your assesment of it being an injector problem, and more importantly, the sick-0 has had some injector issues, especially in cold weather climates. what i would reccomend is taking it to the dealer, say mid afternoon, and leaving it over night. tell them you know it is an injector problem, lie to them however you need to to get them to beleave you....family member...aftermarket scan tool.....etc.....and then say you are not sure what injector(s) are causing the problems....but you know it is the injectors. tell them you know a cold cylender balance test will tell them which injector(s) is not funtioning properly cold......this is about all i can do at a distance for you...hope it helps.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.