Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

No start after HPOP change

571 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  lmorgan 
#1 ·
I posted this under the general forum topic without any hits. Maybe a 6.0 expert can lend some insight:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a no start issue with my 04 6.0L so I towed it to a local shop for scanning. The tech said the codes looked good except for an almost complete lack of oil pressure. Instead of the 400+ (I think) he said was needed for starting, I was getting a whopping 12 psi. Since I'd just replaced the IPR, he diagnosed the problem as a HPOP. I opted to do work myself and replaced the HPOP.

Still no start. I noticed before I tore into it that it was making a different sound in cranking. It's hard to describe, but sort of a whine as if there was no compression or power. Sort of like a gas engine does when out of time.

Is it possible there is a cam shaft issue or is there something else that's more common with the 6.0?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.