Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

metal in oil.

598 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dannyboy950 
#1 ·
I have already been told to send a sample of my oil to a company. but im overseas right now. so what are the best educated guesses im looking at right now. the truck just had new head gaskets put on but there shouldn't be metal in the oil from that? so bad lifters? rod bearings? its smaller metal pieces not big chunks. but not grain. so if its bad lifters can I just replace the camshaft, lifters, and pushrods and be good or will it need a short block? it runs perfect and I just bought it and it had a fresh oil change from the dealership so I didn't see the metal.

#3 ·
While lifter failure is a common source it is by no means the only source.
Assumeing this metal is from a current problem or from a previous repair, and not haveing any metal sample to look at and test. I would do a little more research before tearing down and replaceing anything. A complete oasis report and questioning the previous owner is in order.

If it was a current problem I don't think the engine would be running perfectly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.