Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Barder stage 1 and no power

917 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  houli 
#1 ·
Just got the truck back from the shop. My turbo was sticking bad and leaking oil like crazy. I replaced it with a Barder stage 1. Before it went in I could easily get 30 psi running the Looney Wild tune and it would take off as the rpms got to 1800 and beyond. (As long as the turbo wasn't stuck open). Anyway, the only thing done was a turbo swap and I got a new tune from quicktricksauto to go with it, the tune is Barder stage 1 looney wild. Now the truck feels very laggy and has significantly less power than before. Boost will max out at 20psi and my EGT's will get to 1000 while moderately accelerating on flat ground with an empty truck. My EGT's would never get that high before unless towing or flooring it up a steap hill. Cruising at 30-40 my boost is at like 2 and it used to stay a little higher than that. Right before I replaced the turbo I monitored boost, EBP, MAP and all of them were normal and back pressure stayed consistently a little higher than MAP which I understand is normal. I haven't been able to go down the highway and monitor all those things again but I would think the sensors are still fine since it was a few weeks ago. Do I have a VGT solenoid problem? A tune problem? :dunno::doh:

#3 ·
I think the y pipes where replaced by my mechanic with my cab off head stud etc etc etc work. They look shiny and I see no evidence on the firewall. The IC boots are trashed though. Can I use generic NAPA boots? I have no plans to mod the truck beyond what it is now.

#6 ·
I have riffraff IC boots on the way. I switched back to my stock turbo looney wild and all the boost and power seems to be back. The EGT's are still noticeably higher than before and EBP is as well but the old turbo stuck open a lot so I'm going to assume that is why I have higher BP. BP stays 20-50 kPa higher than MAP which I think is normal. I will see what the IC boots do and check more thoroughly for exhaust leaks. After that I'll be talking to quick tricks. Thanks for the help guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.