Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

IPR screen missing

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dannyboy950 
#1 ·
Was driving my 2003 6. uh oh down the road and noticed that the truck had no power at all. Was able to limp it home and put my edge insight on it and pull the codes. Found codes for the EGR not moving and low ICP pressure. Pulled and cleaned the EGR and took the truck for a test drive. Only made it about a half mile before the truck started slowing down and then eventually stall. Had to tow it back and tried cranking it over to no avail. Insight shows an ICP pressure only building to around 350 with the IPR commanded at 85%. Truck would only start after it had cooled off but still had no power.
After a lot of research, I decided to pull the IPR vlave which was no easy task on the 03 model. So I was able to finally pull the valve and upon removal, the screen and plastic piece that holds it was completely missing. Looked up into the valve itself and did not see the screen or any gunk inside of it. I can move the spring inside of the valve about an eigth of an inch. Any clue where that screen may be and what my next steps should be? Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 ·
Only God knows for shure where that screen wound up, it could be anywhere in the system.

I recomend doing the air test of the system to see what else you may have going wrong.

Procedure and tools needed in the no start sticky of the problems page of this forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.