Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

turbo problems!

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  4506.0 
#1 ·
2004 f250 6.0 powerstroke
ok guys this truck has been a nightmare heres my problem the truck when i first put the programmer on (sct tuner) it was balls out fast and powerful but now it will not build boost at all the turbo wistles a lil but it does not get down anymore i have checked the intercooler boots and the up pipe for leakes, heres one thing i did notice, on the pigtail that connects to the turbo the wire is showing really bad and i was jw if that was bad would it make it not build boost? thanks guys

#2 ·
went ahead and ordered a new main wiring harness
last week i ordered a new injector harness so ill put both on and see what it does, hopefully itll fix the boost and the cutting off issue :/

#4 ·
have alot of codes
exhaust back pressure sensor
map/baro sensor
egr sensor circut 2
crankshaft sensor
camshaft sensor
i cleaned the exhasut pressure sensor and replaced the rest but still throws them, which is why i think the harness since it connects to the sensors?

#6 ·
yes, would that pigtail on the vgt solenoid throw up the map/baro sensor? the wires on both the main harness and the injector harness are frayed one spot is real bad on the driver side intake manifold?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.