FICM ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree9Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NLR ARKANSAS
Posts: 204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FICM ?

What is a FICM and if it is bad will the truck still run? Got the truck back from shop having head studs done drove the truck for a weak ,shut truck off would not start back ,untell i run batt down put passenger side batt on charger after charging for about 10 min the truck started right up. Took truck back to shop thay told me that the FICM was showing codes. THE TRUCK STARTS AND RUNS FINE .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 12-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Shawnee, OK
Posts: 4,938
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A FICM is the Fuel Injection Control Module

I dont have enough knowledge to help you out, so here's a free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 12-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NLR ARKANSAS
Posts: 204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
THANKYOU for all input got to go my sons basket ball game. check back soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 12-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,366
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A bad FICM can cause many problems, including no starts, rough running, low power, stalling, anything. If you had a battery die recently, its not uncommon to have lots of codes. When batteries die the pcm, ficm, and all other modules lose voltage, which could set codes. What is the specific code? If it starts and runs fine, clear the codes and run it. Make sure the batteries are ok. If the code comes back, or you expirence driveability issues, you have a problem.
Bear 1 likes this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 12-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NLR ARKANSAS
Posts: 204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEWILLE View Post
A bad FICM can cause many problems, including no starts, rough running, low power, stalling, anything. If you had a battery die recently, its not uncommon to have lots of codes. When batteries die the pcm, ficm, and all other modules lose voltage, which could set codes. What is the specific code? If it starts and runs fine, clear the codes and run it. Make sure the batteries are ok. If the code comes back, or you expirence driveability issues, you have a problem.
First off sorry to hear about your loss. I still need to replace my batt's i am taking the truck back on the15th to have the ficm replaced .
Bear 1 likes this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 12-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NLR ARKANSAS
Posts: 204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 12-06-2008, 06:39 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,366
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman 6.0 View Post
First off sorry to hear about your loss. I still need to replace my batt's i am taking the truck back on the15th to have the ficm replaced .
Thankyou very much! Yea if your still under warranty i would do the same!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 12-06-2008, 06:44 AM
ADMIN AND TECH


 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: winston salem north carolina
Posts: 9,241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fuel injector control module is exactly that , here lately ive put on more ficm's than i have since 6.0 has been out , fopr what reason i dont know , the symptoms i have seen are skiiping and intermittent no start , running fine but check engine light on , the code generally seen is a p0611 internal ficm failure code , they even went on back order a couple weeks ago due to all the problems lately

here is my thinkin, ive only seen this concern on trucks with the latest inductive heating calibration,im thinkin the extra voltage sent thru the ficm is damaging the internal circuitry causing the failures due to the cold temp change over the last couple of months , my thinking may be wrong but it makes since to me
Bear 1 likes this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 12-06-2008, 06:49 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,366
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUFFY828 View Post
here is my thinkin, ive only seen this concern on trucks with the latest inductive heating calibration,im thinkin the extra voltage sent thru the ficm is damaging the internal circuitry causing the failures due to the cold temp change over the last couple of months , my thinking may be wrong but it makes since to me
Im in an independent shop, and weve noticed more ficm failures too. The inductive heat is what alot of people are thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 12-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUFFY828 View Post
fuel injector control module is exactly that , here lately ive put on more ficm's than i have since 6.0 has been out , fopr what reason i dont know , the symptoms i have seen are skiiping and intermittent no start , running fine but check engine light on , the code generally seen is a p0611 internal ficm failure code , they even went on back order a couple weeks ago due to all the problems lately

here is my thinkin, ive only seen this concern on trucks with the latest inductive heating calibration,im thinkin the extra voltage sent thru the ficm is damaging the internal circuitry causing the failures due to the cold temp change over the last couple of months , my thinking may be wrong but it makes since to me
START CHECKING THE GOUND WIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Over the past couple of months I have seen several trucks with the international code for that(I cant remember the # off hand) that already had the idm(ficm) replace and it worked for a while. The gound gets rusty or loose and starts pulling to many amps then it shorts out the idm. The new idm will fix it for now but it can only take getting hot so may times! I'm not douting you scruffy maybe its the flash on fords but it isnt the problem on my trucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors